Take it to the limit.
Getting around glacial terrain can be tough work—you're not usually walking across a simple expanse of flat ice. Scrambling over moraines, climbing up and down melted gullies, and testing for rotten ice can be time and energy consuming. Norrøna's Men's Falketind Hooded Down Jacket makes things a little easier, thanks to packable warmth and reinforced edges. With 750-fill down and windproof protection, you're going to be warm and toasty when cold wind blows across that ice. Even if you have the hood down, the high neck and soft brushed chin protection keep you cozy. Reinforced elbows allow you to scramble without worrying about tearing your puffy, and reinforced shoulders endure under the weight of your pack. When the sun comes out to glint off the snow and you're working hard, you can pack this guy down into its own pocket.
- Lightweight insulating layer designed for mountaineering
- Down provides midweight warmth for alpine excursions
- Mapped with synthetic insulation where it might get wet
- Reinforced shoulders and elbows protect from sharp corners
- Packable in its own pocket in case things heat up
- Elastic wrists and hem keep out icy winds