It doesn't matter if you're bombing groomers, pointing steeps, or surfing over powder, the Nidecker Platinum Snowboard promises to keep you going maximum speed with maximum control. This all-terrain beast offers precise handling, high-speed control, and a smooth ride to help you take on everything from fresh pow and pristine corduroy to tracked-out snow and icy slopes.
Camber underfoot combined with a stiff flex offers explosive response, unwavering edge control, and high-speed stability, while rocker at the tips improves float in powder and add forgiveness. The directional twin shape with a setback stance keeps the nose up in deep snow, yet still allows the occasional switch carve or landing. Carbon stringers amp up this board's liveliness, while KEVLAR strips and the Absorbnid topsheet ensure a damp ride when you blaze over chunder and chop. And since you have a need for speed, Nidecker gave it a dense nano carbon-infused base to help you go into overdrive.
- Fly all over the resort with rally car-like handling
- Directional twin shape for float and drive
- Mid-stiff flex is suited to hard-charging riders
- Camber underfoot offers powerful pop and edge control
- Master core is extremely strong and responsive
- KEVLAR and Absorbnid top for extremely damp ride
- Carbon stringers enhance pop and liveliness
- Nano Carbon-infused base is extremely hard and fast
Perfect all-mountain board
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
This is my first season riding a Nidecker. I have the 159 cm Platinum. I'm hooked. I've been riding since 1985 and, being older now, mostly like carving piste fast, laying down lines in powder, and goofing off in glades. It is great for each of these applications. Being on the East Coast, apart from big snow days and going out to the Rockies every year, I'm riding on some rather precarious surfaces much of the time. This board is perfect for holding your edge on such steep, icy terrain. My next board will most likely be another Nidecker.