- Detail Images
Bringing surf to snow.
As the surfiest shape in Nidecker's line, the Mellow Snowboard enjoys slashing windlips, nimbly darting through aspen glades, and laying out carves on corduroy. This surf-inspired board features a directional fishtail shape that floats effortlessly in pow and rails carves with precision. It's a bit wider than standard, so you can downsize by a few centimeters without sacrificing buoyancy in powder or stability at high speeds. The sidecut is shortened for quick directional changes, making this your go-to board for ripping fresh pow in the trees and racing your friends down the mountain's natural gullies and banked snake runs.
As you'd expect from a board of this pedigree, it performs exceptionally well on those deep days where the fresh pow is measured in feet, but it's also a surprisingly good carver when it hasn't snowed in weeks. We'd credit this to its responsive camber underfoot, paired with a significant set-back and shortened fishtail for driving turns off the back foot. The prominent nose rises early with a substantial dose of rocker, so you can weightlessly skim across powder without the front end submerging. Also, the nose is a bit wider than the tapered tail (approximately 6mm of taper), so it naturally stays above the snow with its extra surface area.
- Nidecker's surfiest board for powder and swift carves
- Directional fishtail shape floats effortlessly in pow
- Responsive camber underfoot for railing carves with precision
- Prominent nose with rocker for greater buoyancy in deep snow
- Shortened sidecut radius allows for quick directional changes
- Wider for downsizing without sacrificing float or stability
- Master core of poplar, beech, spruce, paulownia wood
- Biax fiberglass reinforced with snappy carbon stringers