The ultimate backcountry goggle.
The Native Eyewear Tank7 Goggle is the ultimate goggle for out-of-bounds exploits thanks to its uncompromising field of view, and reversible strap with reflective accents for safety. However, that's not to say it doesn't excel in-bounds as well—it also works great for skiers and riders seeking a one goggle solution for ripping their local mountain.
The spherical lens maximizes your field of view when you're dropping into tight trees, slashing across bowls, and carving up corduroy. Its anti-fog treatment delivers an astounding eight minutes of surface-based fog diffusion. Color-enhancing lens filtration makes snowy landscapes pop with vibrant detail, so you can maximize every moment on the mountain. There's also an included low-light lens that excels on socked-in storm days.
- Spherical goggle excels in the backcountry
- Double spherical lens maximizes your field of view
- Color-enhancing lens filtration for vibrant vision
- Anti-fog and hydrophobic treatment ensure clarity
- Reversible strap with reflective details for safety
- Hypoallergenic foam for soft-wearing comfort
Tank 7 product video
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
Tune in for a full review of the Tank7 goggles by Native Eyewear ambassador Nelly Steinhoff. Inspired by the famous backcountry area at the southern point of Colorado’s Sawatch Range, the Tank-7 is all about an attitude of grit and precision. Despite its smaller fit, the Tank-7 offers a wide field-of-view with superior color and contrast enhancement. The Tank-7 offers additional versatile and safety features so you can have confidence and peace of mind out in the backcountry. The Switch Outrigger mechanism allows its user to effortlessly switch to the interior reflective strap side so your backcountry partners can spot you with their headlamp while skinning in the dark or in rescue situations.
The Tank 7 includes Native Eyewear's SnowTuned™ lenses which are optimized for the specific conditions created by snow and changing light that are characteristic of our favorite snowy landscapes. Vacuum-bonded scratch resistant coatings and mirrors, water/grease repellent barriers, color-enhancing optics, and anti-fog coatings extend their utility and endurance in backcountry conditions.
Little too Pink
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
I got the pink color, and I thought it would be more of a light-ish pink shade when trying them on, but they are like super reddish pink. I particularly don't like that but that is totally not the products fault. The goggles fit nicely and they even came with different shades, so I was able to switch them out easily. I would recommend these to anyone that just started skiing/snowboarding and testing out different goggles. I wouldn't probably go for these again, but I ended up gifting them to someone else.
|BLUE REFLEX||10%||Blue Reflex mirror lenses come with a gray base and are best suited for extremely bright sunlight, boasting superior contrast and color.|
|SILVER REFLEX||10%||Silver reflex mirror lenses come with a gray base and are best suited for bright sunny days.|
|GREEN REFLEX||11%||Green reflex mirror lens enhance visual clarity and come with a brown base best suited for moderate to bright sunlight.|
|GRAY||12%||Best for sunny to partly cloudy/cloudy light conditions.|
|BRONZE REFLEX||13%||Bronze reflex lenses come with a brown base best suited for moderate to bright sunlight.|
|BROWN||13%||Brown lenses deliver the brightest field of vision as well as superior contrast enhancement and high definition.|
|SPORTFLEX™||65%||SportFlex™ non-polarized lenses are made to perform in a wide range of low-light conditions, including early mornings and cloudy days.|
|CLEAR CRYSTAL CARBONATE||98%||These non-polarized clear lenses are best suited for conditions when the light is low and eye strain is at its highest.|
|SNOWTUNED REACT||10 - 35%||Adapts to the light around you as you move across the mountain and experience various light conditions.|
|SNOWTUNED DARK GRAY||11%||Best for bright/sunny bluebird conditions.|
|SNOWTUNED SILVER||20%||Best for bright/sunny to partly cloudy light conditions.|
|SNOWTUNED GREEN||30%||Best for sunny to partly cloudy/cloudy light conditions.|
|SNOWTUNED BLUE||35%||Best for sunny to partly cloudy/cloudy light conditions.|
|SNOWTUNED LOW LIGHT||67%||Best for low-light, overcast, and snowy conditions.|
- VLT (Visible Light Transmittance) is a measurement of how much visible light is allowed through the goggle lens. Ranging on a scale of 0-100%, a lower VLT means it’s better suited to brighter/sunnier conditions, while a higher VLT is best suited to stormier or overcast conditions with less light.
- All Native sunglasses come with 99.9% polarization efficiency. The sun’s light waves are reflected off every surface travelling on a horizontal plane creating intense glare. Our lenses are injected with a durable polarization film that acts as a glare filter, only transmitting vertical light waves, leaving sharp, crisp, glare-free vision with increased contrast and depth perception.