Movement Race Pro 77 Skis
- 152cm, 160cm, 168cm, 174cm
- [152cm] 114 / 77 / 95mm [160cm] 115 / 77 / 96mm [168cm] 115 / 77 / 96mm [174cm] 116 / 78 / 97mm
- Turn Radius:
- [152cm] 17m, [160cm] 18m, [168cm] 19m, [174cm] 20m
- early rise rockered tip, traditional camber
- karuba wood
- Ti Power Plates, Vibration, full carbon
- P-Tex 5000 (sintered)
- Claimed Weight:
- [152cm] 1lb 13oz [160cm] 1lb 13oz [168cm] 1lb 15oz [174cm] 2lb 2oz
- Recommended Use:
- randonee, ski mountaineering
- Manufacturer Warranty:
- 2 years limited
Why We Like The Race Pro 77 Skis
Movement's Race Pro 77 Skis are certainly a top pick for professionals on race day, but we also like taking them out for training days and the occasional mountaineering scramble. These skis are sized and weighted to a rando's delight, and fit nimbly on the pack when we're climbing, bootpacking, and rappelling. As the widest of the Race Pro's, this ski is also our go-to option when there's a good amount of downhill riding scheduled for the day. It's remarkably light for how stiff it rides.
- Rando ski built for races and mountaineering missions
- 77mm waist is the widest option in Movement's random series
- Rocker in the tip enhances turning and overall maneuverability
- Camber underfoot employs edge control on icy, technical terrain
- Ultralight wood core with full carbon layup for solid stiffness
- Race edges underfoot increase torsional rigidity and durability
Recommended Sizing Guide
Your ski size is largely determined by both your skiing ability and your preferred style of skiing. For example, an expert skier in Vermont will ski a far different ski than an expert in British Columbia. So take a look at our chart and explanations and find your perfect fit. Your weight also plays a large factor in finding the right ski. If you are either under or over average weight for your height consider downsizing or upsizing, respectively.
|Big-Mountain Freeride||Backcountry Jib||All-Mountain||Park & Pipe||All-Mountain Carve|
|Pro||180 - 200cm||180 - 190cm||180 - 190cm||175 - 185cm||175 - 185cm|
|Expert||170 - 180cm||175 - 185cm||170 - 180cm||160 - 180cm||170 - 185cm|
|Intermediate||160 - 180cm||160 - 180cm||160 - 180cm||160 - 180cm||160 - 175cm|
|Entry Level||N/A||N/A||150 - 170cm||150 - 170cm||150 - 170cm|
SKILL LEVEL EXPLANATIONS
Pro: Excels on any terrain, on any snow condition. Enjoys high speeds.
Expert: Comfortable on any terrain and most snow conditions.
Intermediate: Comfortable on Blue trails, exploring Black trails.
Entry Level: Learning to ski Green and Blue trails.
SKIING STYLE EXPLANATIONS
Big-Mountain Freeride: High speeds, deep powder, steep lines, straightlining, chutes, cliffs.
Backcountry Jib: Backcountry kickers, hucking, twintips, deep powder.
All-Mountain: From bumps to back bowls, groomers to glades; everything and anywhere on the mountain.
Park & Pipe: De-tuned edges and buttery twin tips, occasionally pole-impaired.
All-Mountain Carve: Stiff. High-speed corduroy cutter. For those blind to SLOW signs.