- Detail Images
Just ask your dog.
If you thought two legs were great, try hiking with four. The Mountainsmith Halite 7075 Trekking Poles give you the stability of four points of contact with the trail when you're traversing rocky ridge lines and climbing steep switchbacks. Designed to take a beating on the trail, their durable allow shafts wont break easily thanks to a max load capacity of 160lb, and their four-piece collapsible design makes it easy to break the poles down and lash them to a backpack when you need your hands free to scramble up a steep summit.
- Trekking poles built for long-haul hikes on rugged trails
- Durable alloy shaft with collapsible design for easy packing
- Adjustable length is adaptable to varying terrain and slopes
- Comfortable cork and EVA foam grip handle with adjustable strap
- Sold as pair
- Q & A
- Familiarity: I gave it as a gift but have feedback to share
I got these trekking poles for a friend of mine that is recovering from a spinal injury. He didn't want to look like an old man with a walker so I got him these trekking poles. The big thing I have noticed is that these can really withstand some weight. Normally when you are using trekking poles they are just assisting you during your hike and holding a fraction of your weight. In this case my friend was putting almost all his weight on these trekking poles and they held up very well. He can't say enough good things about them.