Stretchdown DS Jacket
You’ve almost made it to the top of your route, with only one more jug to grab above you. But as you extend your arm to make the big move, your jacket stiffens up without any more room to give and causes you to fumble and fall. For a jacket that won’t hold you back, throw on the Mountain Hardware Men’s Stretchdown DS Jacket. Built with tons of stretch, the DS features a grid-free pattern that moves with you, not against you, and actually captures more warmth than with standard stitching. Plus, the innovative design uses hydrophobic goose-down feathers that ensures warmth even when you’re climbing in wet conditions.
- Insulated down jacket with groundbreaking mobility
- Stretchy face fabric ensures your best reach
- Grid-free pattern traps more heat than standard stitching
- Hydrophobic down insulation stays warm even when wet
- Zippered pockets lock in the essentials on a climb
- Hem adjustments help to create an ideal fit
- Q & A
Stretchdown in action
Perfect is Now Better
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
- Fit: True to size
- Size Bought: L
MHW took a great jacket and simply improved it. I did not think there could be any improvements made, but they did. When I first saw the DS, I was not a huge fan of the look. The new pattern on it was not too appealing at first, but then I realized it was designed for a specific reason. The new pattern allows it to compress down even smaller than the original StretchDown jackets. Therefore, now you have all the benefits of the StretchDown jacket with even more compressibility. I definitely recommend this jacket. I found it to be true to size.
Feel free to reach directly out to me for any questions about this jacket or your next big expedition trek!