Nitrous Down Jacket
Jack-of-all puffies, the Mountain Hardwear Men's Nitrous Down Jacket is bound to surprise you. Weighing in at less than a pound, this versatile insulator packs down easily when you need to load it up for an alpine expedition or cut down on weight while heading out touring. What sets it apart from similar down puffies is its hydrophobic Q-Shield Down. Most down will lose its loft and warmth when it gets wet, but hydrophobic down resists moisture to stay warmer for longer and dry quicker, so you've got backcountry assurance when you're on a backpacking or touring trip. You've got standard hand pockets for every day convenience, with a chest pocket and two internal drop-ins for gear storage when you can't be bothered to go rummaging in your pack.
- A lightweight insulating layer for reassurance in bad weather
- Hydrophobic down retains warmth and dries quickly when wet
- Durable fabric resists tearing on rocky scrambles and big walls
- High collar provides neck warmth when you need extended coverage
- Hand, chest, and internal pockets offer quick access to gear
- Lightweight and easily packable for convenient storage in your pack
- Q & A
Diamond in the rough
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
- Fit: Runs large
- Size Bought: large
This jacket is really a great all around quality down jacket. It has 800 fill down and the down doesn't ever come out of the jacket like other high fill jackets and the outer shell is pretty strong unlike other "lightweight" down jackets. There is only one thing I would like changed on this and I can say this about all mountain hardwear jackets, is that they should have a more ergonomic fit rather than the boxy it they usually have. Other than that I love this jacket is is the perfect lightweight down jacket and I have had ALL of them!