Make your T-shirt work for you.
Engineered to move moisture as quickly as your body is, the Mountain Equipment Men's Solar Eclipse Hooded Zip T-Shirt keeps you comfortably dry and light on your feet through fast-paced alpine pursuits. Its Pontetorto Tecnopile 103 fleece construction provides you with lightweight warmth to handle chilly mountain weather, while the coverstitched seams eliminate painful chafing and add next-to-skin comfort. Plus, this tech tee tips the scale just over six ounces to make it a no-brainer when packing for your trip.
- Lightweight warmth and wicking performance for fast trail days
- Pontetorto fleece is incredibly wicking and quick-drying
- Active fit keeps performance fibers close to skin
- Seams are coverstitched for chafe-free softness
- Front 1/2-zip helps ventilate excess heat
- Chest pocket is zippered for secure storage
- Q & A
Preferred Haglofs Alder and sizing
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
- Fit: Runs small
- Size Bought: XL
The size was not working for me and lines of insulation was not as warm compared to Pontetorto Technostretch square waffle that the Haglofs Alder Hoody has.
I love my XL Haglofs Alder and was looking for a back up for it and saw this one but the cut is more for someone who is much taller (6'2"+) and thinner in the shoulders and chest. The size was awkward for me and limits my usage, I have a athletic cut, shoulders of my typical shirts is 19.5" wide (seam to seam), my chest is 44" and waist 32". Haglofs in XL fits me perfectly, this does not. Mountain Equipment's cut in XL is more for a thin tall person with slightly bigger waist. I would say this XL would work with 18.5" shoulders, 42 chest and 34" waist. The shoulders and chest were too small for me. I'm much preferring Haglofs finish and sizing.
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
- Fit: Runs small
- Size Bought: large
Think of this as a high-output winter baselayer. Pair it with a softshell and go! Wicks really well and keeps you very warm for its weight. Minimal seams and and a stretchy fabric keeps this right up against your skin where it does its work. Seems like the Italian Pontetorto version is lower profile grid than the Polartec versions so this performs great as a cold weather base-layer. It's sized small, but is supposed to be for maximum performance.
|EU Size||48 - 50||50 - 52||52 - 54||54 - 56||56 - 58|
|Chest||38 - 40in
(96.5 - 101.6cm)
|40 - 42in
(101.6 - 106.7cm)
|42 - 44in
(106.7 - 111.8cm)
|44 - 46in
(111.8 - 116.8cm)
|46 - 48in
(116.8 - 121.9cm)
- How to Measure:
- For best results, take measurements over your underwear.
- Measure under your arms, around the fullest part of your chest.
- Natural Waist:
- Measure around your natural waistline, keeping the tape a bit loose.