- Detail Images
Create your own legend.
If your outdoor adventures regularly take on mythical proportions, then you'd be wise to stay armed with the Mountain Equipment Men's Odyssey Pant. They're designed to pack down small enough that you won't even notice them when you're not wearing them, yet offer full waterproof protection to protect against sudden storms and raging summit winds.
Drilite fabric wards off wind, rain, and snow, but is still highly breathable thanks to its 3-layer construction, so you don't overheat during ascents. If things do get a little toasty, full-length side zips let you blow off steam easily, and they also make it easy to put on quickly when you get caught off-guard by drenching rains. Articulated knees, an elasticized waist, and a gusseted crotch help you move freely when you're scrambling over boulders and moving through tricky terrain.
- Waterproof pant shields you when storms strike
- Compressible design makes them easy to stow in pack
- 3-layer Drilite fabric is waterproof, yet highly breathable
- Full-length side zips for quick ventilation and easy on
- Gusseted crotch and articulated knees enhance mobility
- Elastic waistband for nonrestrictive, yet secure fit
- Adjustable hems keep elements out
- Q & A
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
- Fit: True to size
- Size Bought: XL
I wore these on my recent trip to Antarctica. I paid $169 for them and thought that was good value but now with the sale price of $110 - it's insane! The pants fit nicely, and are well made from top line material. They are light and packable. The side zips are easy to open and the pants are soooo much easier to get on than my old pair of rain pants which is very convenient when you are caught in a sudden squall like I was in Scotland a few years ago. I wish I had these pants back then.