Prevent being freezing cold on the side of a sheer rock face with the Mountain Equipment Men's Aerofoil Jacket. This lightweight layer is barely there as it hangs from your harness in its tiny stuff pocket via its carabiner loops but when the wind picks up mid-climb, you'll be glad you brought it. Built with Exolite synthetic fabric, the Aerofoil blocks out wind to keep you your warmest on route. The chest pocket hold essentials as you climb while the slim-styled hood fits seamlessly under your helmet so you can stay warm without thinking twice about it.
- Throw on this layer mid-climb for extra warmth and protection from wind
- Exolite design is lightweight and blocks out wind
- Front zip offers ventilation in case of rising temperatures
- Chest pocket doubles as stuff sack with biner loops for easy carry
- Low-profile hood fits comfortably under helmet
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
- Fit: Runs small
- Size Bought: large
First of all, I have way too many windbreakers for the amount of times that I use them. Every time I've bought a windbreaker, it has been based off of weight, and that has led to the sweatiest collection of windbreakers ever. The weight here is saved in fit. No bubbas need apply. The fabric, however, doesn't have that plasticky sheen that most windbreakers have and it breathes really well. The zipper is super long so you can dump heat in a heartbeat. If you want a windbreaker that doesn't feel like saranwrap, give this one a try. I find myself actually using windbreakers now.
|EU Size||48 - 50||50 - 52||52 - 54||54 - 56||56 - 58|
38 - 40in
(96.5 - 101.6cm)
40 - 42in
(101.6 - 106.7cm)
42 - 44in
(106.7 - 111.8cm)
44 - 46in
(111.8 - 116.8cm)
46 - 48in
(116.8 - 121.9cm)
Short 29in (73cm)
Regular 31in (79.5cm)
Long 33in (84.5cm)
- How to Measure:
- For best results, take measurements over your underwear.
- Measure under your arms, around the fullest part of your chest.
- Natural Waist:
- Measure around your natural waistline, keeping the tape a bit loose.
- Using pants that fit well, measure the crotch seam to the bottom of the leg.