A safe haven from the incoming weather.
Montane believes you shouldn't have to choose between being wet from the rain or being wet from sweaty, heat-trapping rainpants. That's why it built the Minimus Pant. Take the water-resistant, breathable Minimus on your next alpine adventure and don't worry when you see thunderheads approaching.
- Pertex Shield Plus nylon fabric encourages natural ventilation without sacrificing water resistance
- Hook-and-loop tabs offer closure around calves to complete a seal against the weather
- Knee-length zippers allow the Minimus to be pulled on over footwear
- Articulated knees and tailored rear and thighs offer a comfortable and athletic fit that still accommodates additional layers
- Reflective trim at thighs enhances visibility
- Q & A
Super light waterproof shell pant
- Size Bought: Large
The Montane Minimus pants are built out of a 3 layer construction that makes them very light, waterproof and breathable. They pack down to about the size of a tangerine and weigh almost nothing. Perfect as an backup shell pant, that won't take up space or weight in your pack. You can even pack it into it's own pocket, which as an interior loop to clip it onto your harness for alpine belays as an extra windproof barrier. The fit is athletic but true to size. The Large fits me well in the large/regular size, as I am 32x33 waist/inseam.
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
- Fit: True to size
These pants are incredibly light and pack up super small. They are perfect to through in my pack in case of emergency. The pertex is breathable and sheds water really well. I had no issues with the fit, either.
Much too short.
This pants would be FANTASTIC, if they were just long enough. I would love to keep these in my hydration pack for trail runs that might turn rainy / slushy but at 6ft tall with a 30 inch waist the size small only covers half way down my shins.
Because it is very thin the material breathes reasonably well and is extremely lightweight and packable. I'd personally prefer two hand pockets with mesh to aid in ventilation of one's crotch and I'd happily pay whatever extra cost is associated with adding two pockets.
I really hope Montane comes across this review, they could have one phenomenal product with just a few alterations.