Moment Commander 118 Ski
- 178cm, 188cm, 194cm
- 139 / 118 / 130mm
- Turn Radius:
- [178cm] 29.5m, [188cm] 31m, [194cm] 32.5m
- Front Rocker (rocker tip, camber underfoot, slight tail rise)
- ABS sidewall (sandwich)
- carbon fiber hybrid composite, titanal metal
- 2.2mm Rockwell 48 hardened steel
- 7500 series carbon (sintered)
- early rise
- Claimed Weight:
- [178cm, pair] 9lb 4.5oz, [188cm, pair] 10lb 3.8oz, [194cm, pair] 10lb 9.1oz
- Recommended Use:
- freeride/powder skiing
- Manufacturer Warranty:
- 2 years
Commander 118 Ski
Those seeking a soft powder noodle to wiggle powder turns with will want to look elsewhere—the Moment Commander 118 is not a ski for the faint of heart. Its 30-meter radius, metal layup, and damp aspen/beech wood core all add up to one thing: A hard-charging ski that devours the fall line at mach speed. Its profile consists of a rockered tip, full camber underfoot, and a subtly raised tail for killer edgehold on hardpack and added float in deep powder.
- Aggressive big-mountain ski for hard-charging skiers
- Wide 118 waist provides ample float for the deepest days
- Full metal layup eats chatter and increases stiffness of ski
- Rockered tip and slightly raised tail to help ease turn initiation
- Full camber underfoot for reliable edgehold on hardpack
- Full-length sidewalls increase durability and power transfer
Recommended Sizing Guide
Your ski size is largely determined by both your skiing ability and your preferred style of skiing. For example, an expert skier in Vermont will ski a far different ski than an expert in British Columbia. So take a look at our chart and explanations and find your perfect fit. Your weight also plays a large factor in finding the right ski. If you are either under or over average weight for your height consider downsizing or upsizing, respectively.
|Big-Mountain Freeride||Backcountry Jib||All-Mountain||Park & Pipe||All-Mountain Carve|
|Pro||180 - 200cm||180 - 190cm||180 - 190cm||175 - 185cm||175 - 185cm|
|Expert||170 - 180cm||175 - 185cm||170 - 180cm||160 - 180cm||170 - 185cm|
|Intermediate||160 - 180cm||160 - 180cm||160 - 180cm||160 - 180cm||160 - 175cm|
|Entry Level||N/A||N/A||150 - 170cm||150 - 170cm||150 - 170cm|
SKILL LEVEL EXPLANATIONS
Pro: Excels on any terrain, on any snow condition. Enjoys high speeds.
Expert: Comfortable on any terrain and most snow conditions.
Intermediate: Comfortable on Blue trails, exploring Black trails.
Entry Level: Learning to ski Green and Blue trails.
SKIING STYLE EXPLANATIONS
Big-Mountain Freeride: High speeds, deep powder, steep lines, straightlining, chutes, cliffs.
Backcountry Jib: Backcountry kickers, hucking, twintips, deep powder.
All-Mountain: From bumps to back bowls, groomers to glades; everything and anywhere on the mountain.
Park & Pipe: De-tuned edges and buttery twin tips, occasionally pole-impaired.
All-Mountain Carve: Stiff. High-speed corduroy cutter. For those blind to SLOW signs.