- Detail Images
Step up your skills.
It's hard to stay motivated to keep learning to surf when you spend a whole day not catching any waves. Built to help you get as much experience as possible, the Modern Surfboards Highline X1b Surfboard offers an easier ride to novice-to-intermediate surfers to help them develop their skills more quickly and maximize enjoyment. The Highline X1b has the same shape and profile as the PU version, but is built with X1b epoxy construction that includes a bamboo layer for a lighter and more responsive feel.
To make this board ideal for progressing riders, Modern Surfboards made it very buoyant so it's easy to paddle, stable so you can pop up with confidence, and easy to control for perfecting your turns. Requiring less effort to catch waves, the flat rocker helps the board paddle quickly into waves and maintain speed once you're up. The back half of the board sports a raised vee with double concave to offset the extra width, allowing for easier rail-to-rail transitions when turning. Full, yet still soft rails creates a forgiving feel that makes it easier to learn to link turns together. Basically, if you want to start having more fun out in the surf, you won't be disappointed by the Highline X1b.
- Catch more waves on this fun and forgiving board
- X1b construction is light, strong, and responsive
- Buoyant design makes it easier to pop up and control
- Low rocker paddles quickly into waves and maintains speed
- Double concave rear allows easier transitions
- Full, yet soft rails for forgiving feel
- Can be ridden shorter due to extra width and higher volume