One man's fist is another climber's elbow.
You'll feel a lot easier packing more gear than what the topo suggests when you have the Metolius Ultralight Master Cam Package Hand and Fist Size. Generally you'd feel slightly begrudged at the idea—the algorithm for how begrudged you are relates to how long the approach is—but given these cams are forty percent lighter than their appropriately sized counterparts, you also feel like you're slightly cheating. When you know the topo was written by a gnarly dude with big hands who feels like sixty foot runouts are appropriate, you'll want a few extra sizes of what most climbers consider hand and fist, but you consider double fist or elbow.
- Package of the four largest cams in the Ultralight collection
- Forty percent lighter than the appropriately sized predecessor
- Lobe stops help each cam place more passively
- Color-coded trigger, thumb, and webbing for faster finding
- Range Finder helps you find bomber placements
- Monster Sling is easier to replace
- Q & A
Got to have them.
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
Do you Trad climb? Got cams? No? Get some. Get these. Or which ever ones draw you. These drew me, I love them mechanism, love the sound they make when they snap and the way they look in the rock. Metolius did good. Thank you!