Merrell Thermo Chill Mid Shell Waterproof Boot - Men's
Thermo Chill Mid Shell Waterproof Boot
The Merrell Thermo Chill Mid Shell Waterproof Boot is a winter overachiever. A waterproof construction pairs with low bulk insulation to keep your toes warm and dry as you explore the winter landscape. Your feet will be comfortable as well thanks to the Kinetic Fit Base insole that is contoured like your foot for flexible support and an EVA midsole that cushions with each step. Topping it all off is the M Select Grip sole with 5mm lugs that offers you durable traction that grips when you need it for a winter boot you can confidently wear anywhere.
- Overachiever winter boot for comfort throughout the season
- M Select Dry seals out water while letting moisture escape
- Leather and mesh uppers are PU coated for extra water protection
- M Select Warm insulation offers low-bulk warmth for cold days
- Gusseted tongue keeps trail debris out while you're hiking
- M Select FRESH treatment keeps boots fresh through the miles
- Kinetic Fit Base insole contours to the foot for flexible support
- M Select Grip outsole with 5mm lugs offer reliable traction
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
- Fit: True to size
- Size Bought: 10.5
Kept my feet nice in cozy. I used them for hiking at the picture rocks and water falls in the U.P. Michigan this winter break 2019. Look forward to using them again next season
Support for days
- Familiarity: I gave it as a gift but have feedback to share
- Fit: True to size
- Size Bought: 12
Most comfortable boot I've had....
Very durable...supports inches above ankle...
Found a forget customer!
My husband loved them. He said they are very warm and very comfortable. I would definitely recommend these
|Men's Footwear||Women's Footwear|
|Men's Sandals||Women's Sandals|
- Merrell Sizing Notes:
- Merrell boots are designed to fit like your street shoes.
When ordering Merrell boots, shoes, or sandals, you should reference your normal shoe size.
- What to Expect:
- A snug fit in the heel: In a stride, your foot bends at the ball, and the heel tries to pull away from the boot.
Because of Merrell's precise fit, the upper follows the heel. This prevents the slipping and sliding that eventually causes blisters.
Snug over the instep: Besides preventing the toes from sliding forward when you go down hill, a precise instep fit gives you internal control.
When you're standing on sloping rocks, the boot sole doesn't sideslip underneath you.
Toe Room: Merrell gives plenty of room to the toes. This room, combined with a sturdy toe box, protects the toes from getting bashed by rocks.
- Choosing Socks:
- For Hiking Boots choose heavyweight, thick, dense socks, with or without a liner sock.
For Multi-Sport choose light-or medium-weight dense socks.
- Before You Take Your Merrells to the Trail:
- 1) Try your new boots on over the correct sock combination without lacing.
Stand and push your toes forward so they touch the front of the boot.
You should be able to slip one finger into the space behind your heel.
If there isn't enough room, the boot is probably too small and you should try the next half-size larger.
For boots to be used while carrying a moderate-to-heavy pack, a full finger space is recommended.
- 2) Tap your heel back in the heel cup and lace the boot.
The boot should feel snug across the ball, around the instep, and in the heel.
The arch should be comfortably supported and the toes should be free to wiggle and curl.
- 3) To check the fit in the heel, walk up an incline. The heel should lift a maximum of 1/2 inch (1.75cm).
- 4) The toes should not jam into the front of the boot.
Checkthis by walking down an incline or tap your toe lightly into the floor or against the wall. If the boot fits correctly, the toes should gently touch the end of the boot.