Merrell MQM Ace Hiking Shoe - Women's
- Upper Material:
- mesh, TPU
- Merrell Kinetic Fit BASE (removable)
- EVA, FLEXconnect, TrailProtect rock plate
- Vibram MegaGrip
- Claimed Weight:
- [single] 10.3oz
- Recommended Use:
- Manufacturer Warranty:
- limited lifetime
MQM Ace Hiking Shoe
Inspired by athletes, the Merrell MQM Ace Hiking Shoe is designed to keep you comfortable and protected as you move quickly in the mountains. Its engineered mesh and TPU upper provide breathable comfort and protection on the trail while an M Select FRESH treatment blocks odors to keep your feet fresh on longer treks. A TrailProtect rock plate in the midsole guards against underfoot debris while FLEXconnect grooves keep you agile and stable across the changing terrain. The Vibram MegaGrip soles with 4mm lugs provide reliable traction so you can confidently trek across wet, dry, and slick terrain.
- Durable and comfortable shoe for moving fast across rugged terrain
- Hypercage upper construction provides you with lightweight support
- Engineered mesh upper offers breathable comfort on long hikes
- M Select FRESH treatment blocks odors for lasting freshness
- FLEXconnect flex-grooves in midsole offer agility and stability
- TrailProtect rock plate offers protection from underfoot debris
- Vibram MegaGrip sole gives reliable traction across varying terrain
- Lace-to-toe lacing system provides a secure fit through your hike
|Men's Footwear||Women's Footwear|
|Men's Sandals||Women's Sandals|
- Merrell Sizing Notes:
- Merrell boots are designed to fit like your street shoes.
When ordering Merrell boots, shoes, or sandals, you should reference your normal shoe size.
- What to Expect:
- A snug fit in the heel: In a stride, your foot bends at the ball, and the heel tries to pull away from the boot.
Because of Merrell's precise fit, the upper follows the heel. This prevents the slipping and sliding that eventually causes blisters.
Snug over the instep: Besides preventing the toes from sliding forward when you go down hill, a precise instep fit gives you internal control.
When you're standing on sloping rocks, the boot sole doesn't sideslip underneath you.
Toe Room: Merrell gives plenty of room to the toes. This room, combined with a sturdy toe box, protects the toes from getting bashed by rocks.
- Choosing Socks:
- For Hiking Boots choose heavyweight, thick, dense socks, with or without a liner sock.
For Multi-Sport choose light-or medium-weight dense socks.
- Before You Take Your Merrells to the Trail:
- 1) Try your new boots on over the correct sock combination without lacing.
Stand and push your toes forward so they touch the front of the boot.
You should be able to slip one finger into the space behind your heel.
If there isn't enough room, the boot is probably too small and you should try the next half-size larger.
For boots to be used while carrying a moderate-to-heavy pack, a full finger space is recommended.
- 2) Tap your heel back in the heel cup and lace the boot.
The boot should feel snug across the ball, around the instep, and in the heel.
The arch should be comfortably supported and the toes should be free to wiggle and curl.
- 3) To check the fit in the heel, walk up an incline. The heel should lift a maximum of 1/2 inch (1.75cm).
- 4) The toes should not jam into the front of the boot.
Checkthis by walking down an incline or tap your toe lightly into the floor or against the wall. If the boot fits correctly, the toes should gently touch the end of the boot.