Merrell MQM Ace Hiking Shoe - Men's
- Upper Material:
- mesh, TPU
- mesh, M Select Fresh
- Kinetic Fit Base (removable EVA)
- FlexConnect, compression-molded EVA, Air Cushion
- Vibram Megagrip
- Claimed Weight:
- 1lb 8oz
- Recommended Use:
- Manufacturer Warranty:
- limited lifetime
MQM Ace Hiking Shoe
The Merrell Men's MQM Ace Hiking Shoe is a lightweight hiker inspired by athletes to promote faster times from trailhead to summit. Its mesh upper is reinforced with Merrell's Hypercage to give a bit of support, and the breathable mesh lining has an M Select Fresh antimicrobial treatment for odor control. Underfoot, the MQM features FlexConnect grooves in the EVA midsole for enhanced flexibility, and the removable footbed works with the air cushioned heel to give appropriate shock absorption and cushy comfort where it counts. Vibram Megagrip rubber gives this shoe enhanced traction to give a better grip where it counts.
- Lightweight hiking shoe promotes moving fast up the mountain
- Mesh upper with Hypercage for light support
- M Select Fresh mesh lining adds odor control and ventilation
- Kinetic Fit Base footbed with air cushion underneath for comfort
- FlexConnect adds flex grooves to EVA midsole for flexibility
- Vibram Megagrip rubber sole gives mega traction
|Men's Footwear||Women's Footwear|
|Men's Sandals||Women's Sandals|
- Merrell Sizing Notes:
- Merrell boots are designed to fit like your street shoes.
When ordering Merrell boots, shoes, or sandals, you should reference your normal shoe size.
- What to Expect:
- A snug fit in the heel: In a stride, your foot bends at the ball, and the heel tries to pull away from the boot.
Because of Merrell's precise fit, the upper follows the heel. This prevents the slipping and sliding that eventually causes blisters.
Snug over the instep: Besides preventing the toes from sliding forward when you go down hill, a precise instep fit gives you internal control.
When you're standing on sloping rocks, the boot sole doesn't sideslip underneath you.
Toe Room: Merrell gives plenty of room to the toes. This room, combined with a sturdy toe box, protects the toes from getting bashed by rocks.
- Choosing Socks:
- For Hiking Boots choose heavyweight, thick, dense socks, with or without a liner sock.
For Multi-Sport choose light-or medium-weight dense socks.
- Before You Take Your Merrells to the Trail:
- 1) Try your new boots on over the correct sock combination without lacing.
Stand and push your toes forward so they touch the front of the boot.
You should be able to slip one finger into the space behind your heel.
If there isn't enough room, the boot is probably too small and you should try the next half-size larger.
For boots to be used while carrying a moderate-to-heavy pack, a full finger space is recommended.
- 2) Tap your heel back in the heel cup and lace the boot.
The boot should feel snug across the ball, around the instep, and in the heel.
The arch should be comfortably supported and the toes should be free to wiggle and curl.
- 3) To check the fit in the heel, walk up an incline. The heel should lift a maximum of 1/2 inch (1.75cm).
- 4) The toes should not jam into the front of the boot.
Checkthis by walking down an incline or tap your toe lightly into the floor or against the wall. If the boot fits correctly, the toes should gently touch the end of the boot.