- Detail Images
Before you resign yourself to a season or two of bandages, lost toenails, and teeth-gritting pain as you break-in a new pair of hiking boots, consider the possibility that there might be another option. If you're looking to replace a set of all-around day hiking kicks, give the Merrell Moab FST Leather Waterproof Hiking Shoe your attention. This agreeable hiking shoe aims for a softer, more shoe-like fit and feel than the rigid kicks you grew up wearing, and the fact that it shares a name with one of the multi-sport capitals of the West should be an indication of the versatility Merrell worked to build into it.
Leather uppers promise miles of loyal servitude, blending durability with a fit that only improves with time, while Merrell's waterproof membrane helps keep your toes dry as you're wading through stream crossings and spring mud. Without the more aggressive height of a full boot, the Moab FST's cushioned midsole and sturdy Vibram outsole make for supportive around-town kicks when you arrive back from an overnight backpacking or paddling adventure, promising to carry you to the closest burger and ice cream joint in town to help you refuel after your adventures.
- Trek comfortably in this light, adaptable day hike shoe
- Leather and suede uppers conform to foot shape over time
- Bellows tongue blocks grit and debris
- M Select DRY membrane is impermeable to water
- Nylon arch shank stabilizes shoe on uneven ground
- Vibram MegaGrip outsole sticks to wet or dry surfaces
- 5mm lugs provide dependable traction on the trail