Walk into adventure.
Comfort is key, but so is style, and with the Merrell Women's Encore Kassie Mid Waterproof Boot you can have both. The sleek full grain leather upper lends a polished look to any outfit, and is also fully waterproof in case you find yourself caught out in wet weather. Merrell crafted the Kassie with a contoured and supportive insole, a plush EVA midsole, and an air-cushioned heel, keeping your feet and legs happy as you go from adventure to adventure.
- Cruise around town in these waterproof boots
- Side zipper makes for easy on and off
- Walk comfortably with the EVA midsole
- Contoured insole provides supportive platform
- Air-cushioned heel keeps joints happy
- Skid-resistant soles offer great traction on wet or dry ground
- Q & A
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
I had a hard time finding low boots that fit well, but these are fantastic! They are not too narrow (like ALL of the other boots I tried), so my foot doesn’t feel squeezed when I wear a thicker sock. They are very comfortable and I love the styling and quality.
Style Meets Function
My girlfriend wore these on a recent trip to Iceland and she loved them. She really likes the style and they also performed admirably. She wore them in rain, snow, & mud, on anything from quick roadside walks to day-long hikes without any problems.
|Men's Footwear||Women's Footwear|
|Men's Sandals||Women's Sandals|
- Merrell Sizing Notes:
- Merrell boots are designed to fit like your street shoes.
When ordering Merrell boots, shoes, or sandals, you should reference your normal shoe size.
- What to Expect:
- A snug fit in the heel: In a stride, your foot bends at the ball, and the heel tries to pull away from the boot.
Because of Merrell's precise fit, the upper follows the heel. This prevents the slipping and sliding that eventually causes blisters.
Snug over the instep: Besides preventing the toes from sliding forward when you go down hill, a precise instep fit gives you internal control.
When you're standing on sloping rocks, the boot sole doesn't sideslip underneath you.
Toe Room: Merrell gives plenty of room to the toes. This room, combined with a sturdy toe box, protects the toes from getting bashed by rocks.
- Choosing Socks:
- For Hiking Boots choose heavyweight, thick, dense socks, with or without a liner sock.
For Multi-Sport choose light-or medium-weight dense socks.
- Before You Take Your Merrells to the Trail:
- 1) Try your new boots on over the correct sock combination without lacing.
Stand and push your toes forward so they touch the front of the boot.
You should be able to slip one finger into the space behind your heel.
If there isn't enough room, the boot is probably too small and you should try the next half-size larger.
For boots to be used while carrying a moderate-to-heavy pack, a full finger space is recommended.
- 2) Tap your heel back in the heel cup and lace the boot.
The boot should feel snug across the ball, around the instep, and in the heel.
The arch should be comfortably supported and the toes should be free to wiggle and curl.
- 3) To check the fit in the heel, walk up an incline. The heel should lift a maximum of 1/2 inch (1.75cm).
- 4) The toes should not jam into the front of the boot.
Checkthis by walking down an incline or tap your toe lightly into the floor or against the wall. If the boot fits correctly, the toes should gently touch the end of the boot.