Stroll down frosty roads.
Wintry sidewalks are no problem for the Merrell Men’s Coldpack Ice+ 8” Zip Polar Waterproof. A Vibram outsole gives you traction in slippery slush, while the M Select Dry technology keeps it from seeping through to soak your socks. Low-bulk insulation protects your feet from the cold without weighing you down, and a toe cap protects your toes in the event of a stub. An EVA midsole stabilizes your step and absorbs impact to reduce fatigue for long days on your feet.
- Winter boot for casual wear
- Nubuck leather and mesh upper is flexible
- Waterproof M select Dry seals out snow and slush
- M Select Warm insulation wraps your foot in warmth
- EVA midsole stabilizes and absorbs impact
- Q & A
Comfortable & Warm
- Familiarity: I gave it as a gift but have feedback to share
- Fit: True to size
Got this boot as a gift for my brother in-law. According to him, this is the most comfortable one he's ever bought. It doesn't feel bulky and the fit is excellent. The boot also has great insulation that keeps his feet quite warm on cold days. Overall it's a great winter boot!
Great Winter Boot
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
- Fit: True to size
This is one awsome boot! The fit was spot on to size. It is a very comfortable, lightweight boot. I've only had them for a few days but I don't want to take them off. Quality construction with a nice sole. Just a great winter boot!
|Men's Footwear||Women's Footwear|
|Men's Sandals||Women's Sandals|
- Merrell Sizing Notes:
- Merrell boots are designed to fit like your street shoes.
When ordering Merrell boots, shoes, or sandals, you should reference your normal shoe size.
- What to Expect:
- A snug fit in the heel: In a stride, your foot bends at the ball, and the heel tries to pull away from the boot.
Because of Merrell's precise fit, the upper follows the heel. This prevents the slipping and sliding that eventually causes blisters.
Snug over the instep: Besides preventing the toes from sliding forward when you go down hill, a precise instep fit gives you internal control.
When you're standing on sloping rocks, the boot sole doesn't sideslip underneath you.
Toe Room: Merrell gives plenty of room to the toes. This room, combined with a sturdy toe box, protects the toes from getting bashed by rocks.
- Choosing Socks:
- For Hiking Boots choose heavyweight, thick, dense socks, with or without a liner sock.
For Multi-Sport choose light-or medium-weight dense socks.
- Before You Take Your Merrells to the Trail:
- 1) Try your new boots on over the correct sock combination without lacing.
Stand and push your toes forward so they touch the front of the boot.
You should be able to slip one finger into the space behind your heel.
If there isn't enough room, the boot is probably too small and you should try the next half-size larger.
For boots to be used while carrying a moderate-to-heavy pack, a full finger space is recommended.
- 2) Tap your heel back in the heel cup and lace the boot.
The boot should feel snug across the ball, around the instep, and in the heel.
The arch should be comfortably supported and the toes should be free to wiggle and curl.
- 3) To check the fit in the heel, walk up an incline. The heel should lift a maximum of 1/2 inch (1.75cm).
- 4) The toes should not jam into the front of the boot.
Checkthis by walking down an incline or tap your toe lightly into the floor or against the wall. If the boot fits correctly, the toes should gently touch the end of the boot.