Chameleon 7 Hiking Shoe
The ultra-lightweight Chameleon 7 Hiking Shoe from Merrell provides you with on-trail stability inspired by its namesake. A contoured Kinetic Fit Base footbed is flexible and supportive while a TPU heel counter enhances stability for uneven traverses. As you trek through the miles, the EVA midsole cushions each step while Merrell Air Cushion in the heel absorbs shock and adds stability to keep you comfortable and confident on the trail.
Aside from stability, the Chameleon offers additional features to keep your feet comfortable and protected on the trail. For starters, its ventilated and durable uppers withstand the rigors of miles on the trail while keeping your feet cool and comfortable in warm summer temperatures. A protective rubber toe cap guards against debris you're bound to encounter as you hike and Vibram soles with 3mm lugs provide you with confident traction across the changing landscape.
- Ventilated hiking shoe with stability and protection for the trail
- Durable nubuck and suede uppers have mesh inserts for breathability
- Contoured Kinetic Fit Base footbed delivers flexible support
- EVA midsole with Air Cushion in the heel absorbs shock and cushions
- TPU heel counter enhances stability for confidence on uneven trail
- Lightweight FlexPlate tech offers torsional rigidity as you hike
- Vibram TC5+ soles provide reliable traction across varying terrain
- Traditional lace closure delivers a comfortable and precise fit
|Men's Footwear||Women's Footwear|
|Men's Sandals||Women's Sandals|
- Merrell Sizing Notes:
- Merrell boots are designed to fit like your street shoes.
When ordering Merrell boots, shoes, or sandals, you should reference your normal shoe size.
- What to Expect:
- A snug fit in the heel: In a stride, your foot bends at the ball, and the heel tries to pull away from the boot.
Because of Merrell's precise fit, the upper follows the heel. This prevents the slipping and sliding that eventually causes blisters.
Snug over the instep: Besides preventing the toes from sliding forward when you go down hill, a precise instep fit gives you internal control.
When you're standing on sloping rocks, the boot sole doesn't sideslip underneath you.
Toe Room: Merrell gives plenty of room to the toes. This room, combined with a sturdy toe box, protects the toes from getting bashed by rocks.
- Choosing Socks:
- For Hiking Boots choose heavyweight, thick, dense socks, with or without a liner sock.
For Multi-Sport choose light-or medium-weight dense socks.
- Before You Take Your Merrells to the Trail:
- 1) Try your new boots on over the correct sock combination without lacing.
Stand and push your toes forward so they touch the front of the boot.
You should be able to slip one finger into the space behind your heel.
If there isn't enough room, the boot is probably too small and you should try the next half-size larger.
For boots to be used while carrying a moderate-to-heavy pack, a full finger space is recommended.
- 2) Tap your heel back in the heel cup and lace the boot.
The boot should feel snug across the ball, around the instep, and in the heel.
The arch should be comfortably supported and the toes should be free to wiggle and curl.
- 3) To check the fit in the heel, walk up an incline. The heel should lift a maximum of 1/2 inch (1.75cm).
- 4) The toes should not jam into the front of the boot.
Checkthis by walking down an incline or tap your toe lightly into the floor or against the wall. If the boot fits correctly, the toes should gently touch the end of the boot.