To the trails, road, and beyond.
For comfortable feet, no matter your activity, grab the Merrell Men's Bare Access Flex Shoes to keep your feet from fatiguing and still sticking with that bare-foot feel. Built with a FlexConnect midsole, these shoes adapt to your steps on uneven terrain to give you stability whether you're circuit training, trail running, or going for a walk in the park. The lightweight design and zero-millimeter drop keeps your feet close to the ground while still offering cushioning and support with its EVA and mesh. The Bare Access's are soled with M Select Grip+ rubber to offer anatomical traction on tough trails and durable grip whether your adventure is wet or dry that day.
- Close-to-the-ground shoes for road, trail or circuit training
- Breathable upper prevents stuffiness and overheating
- Hyperlock heel cup for secure wear on quick descents and turns
- FlexConnect midsole adds agility and stability on uneven ground
- Grip+ rubber adds anatomical traction and durability
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
- Fit: True to size
These are comfortable lightweight shoes. I've been using them for cross training and the gym and the grip is great, while the breathability keeps your feet from getting too hot.
Good minimalist shoes
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
- Fit: True to size
- Size Bought: 10
Shoes are extremely roomy in the toe box which I prefer because I have wide feet. Probably not for you if you have narrow feet. High arch and limited support with a grippy sole make it a nice shoe if you're looking for less bulk.
|Men's Footwear||Women's Footwear|
|Men's Sandals||Women's Sandals|
- Merrell Sizing Notes:
- Merrell boots are designed to fit like your street shoes.
When ordering Merrell boots, shoes, or sandals, you should reference your normal shoe size.
- What to Expect:
- A snug fit in the heel: In a stride, your foot bends at the ball, and the heel tries to pull away from the boot.
Because of Merrell's precise fit, the upper follows the heel. This prevents the slipping and sliding that eventually causes blisters.
Snug over the instep: Besides preventing the toes from sliding forward when you go down hill, a precise instep fit gives you internal control.
When you're standing on sloping rocks, the boot sole doesn't sideslip underneath you.
Toe Room: Merrell gives plenty of room to the toes. This room, combined with a sturdy toe box, protects the toes from getting bashed by rocks.
- Choosing Socks:
- For Hiking Boots choose heavyweight, thick, dense socks, with or without a liner sock.
For Multi-Sport choose light-or medium-weight dense socks.
- Before You Take Your Merrells to the Trail:
- 1) Try your new boots on over the correct sock combination without lacing.
Stand and push your toes forward so they touch the front of the boot.
You should be able to slip one finger into the space behind your heel.
If there isn't enough room, the boot is probably too small and you should try the next half-size larger.
For boots to be used while carrying a moderate-to-heavy pack, a full finger space is recommended.
- 2) Tap your heel back in the heel cup and lace the boot.
The boot should feel snug across the ball, around the instep, and in the heel.
The arch should be comfortably supported and the toes should be free to wiggle and curl.
- 3) To check the fit in the heel, walk up an incline. The heel should lift a maximum of 1/2 inch (1.75cm).
- 4) The toes should not jam into the front of the boot.
Checkthis by walking down an incline or tap your toe lightly into the floor or against the wall. If the boot fits correctly, the toes should gently touch the end of the boot.