Not for CX Racing...Not 33mm As Claimed
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
- Fit: Runs small
I picked this up as a hold over since there were not a lot of CX tires available when I was in need. I thought maybe I'd find a new go to tire in the Speed Terrane but, not so.
- Mounted and inflated fairly easily. Needed the compressor but that was it.
- Traction on dirt and gravel in a straight line and climbing.
- Hard cornering and leaning in. It's just too narrow to hold it's line. I had a real 33
diamond/file tread in the front and with this in the rear position the backend would break
loose before the front.
- The narrower size offers a rough ride.
This would work as a narrow gravel tire where tight cornering isn't an issue. But as a true cyclocross tire it falls short mainly due to it's lack of width.