Approved for deep days.
Getting pummeled by a snow storm is always a good problem to have, but if you need help with the fallout, consider the Marmot Women's Spire Bib Pants. Offering more protection than you'll at first know what to do with, the Spires are serious bibs that combine fully taped seams with a three-layer Gore Tex shell that is pretty much impervious to snow, sleet, and wind. The full-length, water-resistant side zips make ventilation during long backcountry tours easy, and they even incorporate internal gaiters just in case some fluffy pow tries and sneak through the bottom when you're riding through your favorite powder stash or taking a turn breaking trail somewhere deep in the backcountry.
- Storm day-ready bibs designed for committed powderhounds
- Breathable Gore-Tex shell walls out snow, sleet, and wind
- Fully taped seams prevent moisture from seeping through pants
- Full-length side zips let body heat escape on the skintrack
- Cordura scuff guard protects fabric from sharp ski edges
- Internal gaiters form a snowtight-seal around boots
- Hand pockets hold glove liners, snacks, and lip balm
- Q & A
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
- Fit: True to size
- Size Bought: extra small
My year of searching for shell pants finally ends- thank you Marmot. These are the right length/fit/function... PERFECT. I love that they are high-waisted! Not a full bib, the perfect balance! The elasticized section at the lower back really sets these apart from other bibs.... they perform and look great. Total recommend!
Can you go to the bathroom without removing the shoulder straps? In other words can you drop the back without taking off your jacket? Top priority in the backcountry and cold!