- Detail Images
It may not be Everest, but it’s still a summit.
You’ve made it through the scree field, up a gully, across a traverse you wouldn’t tell your mom about, and you’re finally at the last scramble to the summit. Even though the wind has been whipping at you from what feels like all directions, you’re still feeling solid inside the Marmot Men’s Shield Softshell Jacket. Constructed with Marmot’s M2 Softshell fabric, this jacket uses Polartec Power Shield to block out wind and resist light moisture to keep you comfortable at the summit, and allows your sweat to evaporate on the way up. The Angel-Wing Movement design allows you to move your arms in the direction of the next hold, whichever way that may be. A drawcord hem keeps wind from sneaking in at the waist, and adjustable cuffs keep the sleeves in place as you make your way to the top.
- Softshell jacket for athletic outdoor activities
- Windproof Polartec Power Shield protects you from gusts
- Water-resistant fabric deflects light moisture
- Constructed with Angel-Wing Movement for full range of motion
- Drawcord hem and adjustable cuffs keep the jacket in place.
- Q & A
I wonder if you know which softshell is better suited for spring into summer but can be layered under a hardshell in winter. Or are they both identical? I think the 2nd option feels heavier, but on spec, do they hold the same warmth to weight ratio?
1. Marmot Shield or
2. Mountain Hardwear Fairing.