River, canyon, and mountain? Yes.
Scrambling up Matkatamiba Canyon on day 15 of a Grand Canyon river trip, you're pretty glad that you had the foresight to bring along the Marmot Men's Estero Pant. The abrasion-resistant nylon stands up to all the sandstone squeezes, scrapes, and butt-slides necessary to get up the slot, and just minutes after gaining the upper canyon, the quick-drying fabric has already dried out from your submerged creek scrambling. Plus, the stretchy fabric made high stepping from ledge to ledge less precarious, so you're able to get back to the boats in one piece.
- A synthetic pant for trail, river, canyon and mountain
- Nylon abrasion-resistant for scrambles and rugged use
- UPF 50 rating protects skin from harsh solar rays
- Quick drying and finished with water-resistant DWR
- Inseam gusset and stretchy fabric increase range of motion
- Secure zippered pocket great for map and microtrash
- Q & A
Could live in these...
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
- Fit: True to size
- Size Bought: 38
These are my favorite pair of pants. I'm usually a Jean's guy but these are so comfortable. Wish I had a pair for every day of the week.
Rad or Dad
I've gotten both comments but they do work. Two fitted slots for your stems and a state of the art button fastener at the waist. The vertical zip that comes standard is a nice touch and expedites the donning process.