- Detail Images
Made for the coldest, most brutal mountain weather.
The Marmot 8000 Meter Mitten. Hopefully the name gives you some indication of how far you can push into nasty weather while wearing this mountaineering-style mitt. Multiple varieties of Gore-Tex fabric and membrane technology protect your hand from wet conditions, wind, and sweat, while high-loft, 700-fill goose down insulation fends off thermometer-crushing cold. Slide your hand inside this gauntlet-style mitt, wrap the leather-reinforced palm around your ice tool, and charge up a tricky alpine route with confidence that your digits are safe and sound.
- Nylon ripstop face fabric is highly durable so it can take season after season of alpine climbing, skiing, snowboarding, or winter mountaineering
- Waterproof breathable Gore-Tex Mitt insert repels external moisture and precipitation while allowing sweaty moisture to escape from the inside out
- Gore-Tex mitt insert is also windproof, offering further protection from the elements
- Gore-Tex Paclite technology keeps the mitt insert thin and lightweight to reduce overall mitten bulk without sacrificing weather protection
- Primaloft synthetic insulation is toasty warm, compressible, and water repellent, so it retains heat longer than down
- Removable inner mitten is insulated with lofty, 700+ fill goose down for ultimate warmth
- Palm is reinforced with leather for better grip and durability
- Wrist strap and gauntlet drawcord secure this mitten around your wrist to keep snow, wind, and water out
- Q & A
Yes to Keeping Warm
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
- Fit: True to size
The mittens are very comfortable and allow more dexterity than my other big mitts.
It had better be cold..........
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
- Fit: True to size
These mittens are really only useful when the temperature drops below 10ºF. Above that and your hands really perspire. Aside from the size and lack of dexterity on them, they are great for wearing at the local outdoor hockey rink while watching games.