Put it on and leave it on.
Helmets don’t do anything if they're not on your head, so quit lookin' at it, put the Marker Ampire Helmet on your head, and meet your buddies in the lift line. The Ampire combines the light weight of a hybrid shell with premium durability. The helmet features a hard shell upper and lightweight lower combined with an EPS foam core to offer sturdy impact protection. Along with the weight savings this helmet offers, its climate-control slider makes it easy to customize your desired level of ventilation, in case you want to lap the backside or send it up a quick bootpack. The MarkAir ventilation system allows a comfortable level of airflow that prevents your head from getting too cold even with the vents fully open, or too warm when they're fully sealed. It also helps keep your goggles fog-free.
- A tough helmet for frontside and backside adventures
- Hybrid shell construction is light and sturdy
- EPS foam helps protect against impact
- MarkAir vent system adapts to changing climates
- XDry performance lining wicks moisture and insulates
- RTS system offers a custom fit
- Removable ear pads for spring skiing
- Q & A
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
After wearing the helmet for the past couple of months while working on Ski Patrol, I can finally submit a review. At first, you couldn't hear anything with the helmet on, but as it has packed out, I can hear totally fine now. The helmet is super comfortable and I love the adjustment feature on the back. Also, the chin strap is fantastic! I have yet to really test the vents as it has been fairly cool this year, but the helmet is nice and warm on any cold days. I'd give it a 4.75/5 overall.