- Detail Images
Save the discomfort for try-hard moments.
Shoulder seasons can offer some of the most enjoyable times to climb, but they do make layering a challenge. Face the rapidly changing weather with the Mammut Men's Ultimate V SO Hooded Jacket, and you'll be ready to work hard when the chilly wind interrupts your otherwise-serene bouldering sesh. This softshell has Gore Windstopper to keep the gusts at bay, and a DWR coating to protect you from any light precipitation that may blow in with those gusts. The polyester lining sits softly against your skin, and has a finish to help it wick away any perspiration it encounters—reducing post-crux chills.
- Softshell jacket for athletic outdoor activities
- Gore Windstopper protects you from every gust
- DWR treatment resists light precipitation
- Two-way side zippers for customized ventilation
- Polyester lining is soft and wicking
- Hood adjusts in two places for a custom fit
- Thumbholes keep the sleeves in place
- Slim fit for freedom of motion
- Q & A
new one is better
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
- Fit: Runs small
- Size Bought: large
replacing my 6 or 7 year old Ultimate Hoody. Pretty similar jacket but the new version is a thinner and lighter. The big difference is the inside. Whatever the fabric is on the liner, it feels much better than the scratchy sort of nylon like liner. The jacket still has the huge pit zips that go from the bottom hem of the jacket almost to the elbow. The new version also has a chest pocket. Still great Windstopper fabric and feels like better breathability. Not disappointed at all.