Get it over with already.
Sure having a healthy, endurance-trained body is crucial to being a speedy skinner on ski tours, but staying as light as possible is also pretty crucial. That doesn't mean you should ditch essential backcountry gear just to shed a few ounces, but you can store it all in Mammut's Spindrift Ultralight 25L Backpack. Made for skiers who want to be light on their planks, the Spindrift Ultralight boasts just enough space for demanding tours that require a bit more than the essentials.
You can store essential avalanche gear inside the main compartment along with a hydration reservoir, an extra pair of gloves, and a midlayer or two. Outside the main compartment, the Spindrift Ultralight has multiple, unique carry systems for skis, crampons, a helmet, and ice axe. You can strap your skis to the Sprindrift and take them off without ever taking the pack off. The bottom compartment makes sure your crampons don't puncture other ski gear, and the front pocket expands to store helmets.
- Ultralight backpack for speedy ski touring
- 25L capacity suitable for half to full days in the backcountry
- Ski carry lets you attach and remove skis while wearing the pack
- Additional carry systems for helmet, ice axe, and crampons
- Main compartment stores hydration reservoir, avalanche gear, and more
- Removable back padding gives you a place to sit in snowy spots