Embrace the rain.
After talking about it, thinking about it, and finally booking it, you're going on the Pacific Northwest adventure you've been dreaming of for years. Cascades, Columbia River Gorge, Olympic — no place is off-limits for this bucket list expedition. Before you start gathering up trail maps and packing, make a crucial investment in a serious rain jacket like the Mammut Runbold Pro HS Jacket. You've done your research, so you know that mist and drizzle will be regular companions on your trip. This jacket will keep you embracing their presence rather than soggily resenting it.
Mammut equips the Runbold with a 3-layer Gore-Tex construction and a towering 28,000mm water column to seal out all manner of precipitation. Many jackets are considered highly waterproof at 20,000mm, so this degree of water-resistance is extremely effective in relentless rain, heavy downpours, and long, wet days. Of course, the sun may surprise you deep in the temperate rainforest one afternoon, and when it does, the Runbold will easily pack away in a hurry so you can soak in some Vitamin D for as long as it's available.
- Hike contently through days of drizzle in this rain jacket
- Regular fit layers easily over hiking clothes
- Lightweight 3-layer Gore-Tex fabric is extremely packable
- Membrane will reliably seal out water at high pressures
- Detachable, stowable hood lets you customize coverage
- Multiple pockets protect maps and electronics