- Detail Images
Those new-age synthetic mountaineering boots look nice, but years of experience have taught you that lightweight often means flimsy. Mammut understands that, which is why the Men's Magic Guide High GTX Boot is one of the few mountaineering boots built out of leather. Its thick full-grain leather comes from a European Perwanger tannery that has a proven record for durable longevity.
That's not to say the Magic Guide High GTX Boot is the same boot you wore on your first summit all those years ago. Mammut revamped this traditional mountaineering boot with a waterproof Gore-Tex Duratherm Comfort membrane that provides ample warmth in subzero temperatures and the protection required in snowy, icy situations. Other modern innovations include Vibram's rubber sole with a mountaineering-specific Maton tread and an insulated insole made of carbon for an ideal balance of ultralight weight and an ultra-stiff feel.
- Supportive mountaineering boot for high-altitude ascents
- Waterproof Gore-Tex Duratherm assures warmth in subzero temperatures
- Thick full-grain leather upper with sturdy 3-zone lacing
- Insulated carbon insole keeps the boot stiff and light
- Light PU and poro wedge maintains support and stability
- Vibram's rubber sole with mountaineering-specific Maton tread