Majesty Velvet Alpine Touring Ski - Women's
- 162, 170, 178cm
- 120 / 100 / 115mm
- Turn Radius:
- [162cm] 15.6m, [170cm] 18m, [178cm] 20.6m
- rocker / camber / rocker
- poplar, ash
- Claimed Weight:
- [162cm] 3lb 8oz, [170cm] 3lb 13.7oz, [178cm] 3lb 15.8oz
- Recommended Use:
- all-mountain skiing, freeride/powder skiing, park & freestyle skiing
- Manufacturer Warranty:
- 1 year
Velvet Alpine Touring Ski
Click into the Velvet Alpine Touring Ski at the top of a backcountry line with confidence knowing these sticks will provide you with control, power, and float. The 100mm waist lets you get on edge quickly when things get dicey, while the beefy wood core ensures you can power through less than ideal conditions with ease. On top of these reliable attributes you can also trust these sticks to provide a really fun and floaty ride when conditions are deep, light, and perfect.
- Versatile ski that thrives as a daily use, do-it-all ski
- 100mm waist offers nimble control and ample versatility
- Medium turn radius balances stability and maneuverability
- Camber underfoot drives power to your edges for confident carving
- Rocker tip and tail adds forgiveness and float for deeper days
- Poplar and ash core offers exceptional durability and damping
- Sintered bases effortlessly skip across flat areas and lakes
Recommended Sizing Guide
Your ski size is largely determined by both your skiing ability and your preffered style of skiing. For example, an expert skier on in Vermont will ski a far different ski than an expert in British Columbia. So take a look at our chart and explanations and find your perfect fit. Your weight also plays a large factor in finding the right ski. If you are either under or over average weight for your height consider downsizing or upsizing, respectively.
|Big-Mountain Freeride||Backcountry Jib||All-Mountain||Park & Pipe||All-Mountain Carve|
|Pro||172cm +||172cm +||172cm +||168cm +||172cm +|
|Expert||165cm +||165cm +||165cm +||168cm +||165cm +|
|Intermediate||160 - 170cm||160 - 170cm||160 - 170cm||160 - 170cm||160 - 170cm|
|Entry Level||N/A||N/A||150 - 170cm||150 - 170cm||150 - 170cm|
SKILL LEVEL EXPLANATIONS
Pro: Excels on any terrain, on any snow condition. Enjoys high speeds.
Expert: Comfortable on any terrain and most snow conditions.
Intermediate: Comfortable on Blue trails, exploring Black trails.
Entry Level: Learning to ski Green and Blue trails.
SKIING STYLE EXPLANATIONS
Big-Mountain Freeride: High speeds, deep powder, steep lines, straightlining, chutes, cliffs.
Backcountry Jib: Backcountry kickers, hucking, twintips, deep powder.
All-Mountain: From bumps to back bowls, groomers to glades; everything and anywhere on the mountain.
Park & Pipe: De-tuned edges and buttery twin tips, occasionally pole-impaired.
All-Mountain Carve: Stiff. High-speed corduroy cutter. For those blind to SLOW signs.