Altus 52:57L Backpack
Whether it's a few days spent backpacking the Wind River range or an overnight peak-bagging adventure, the Lowe Alpine Altus 52:57L Backpack tags along on the trail as a perfectly lightweight thru-hiking pack. The capacity can be expanded to over 3400 cubic inches and cinched down to under 3200, so it'll work whether you're packing heavy or going light, and the AirContour system is built for comfort and support, adjusting to fit torsos of different shapes and sizes. A top entry gives way to a divided main panel, breaking up the organization for your specific gear, which can be easily accessed via the side and bottom zippered entry points.
An adjustable hip belt helps take the pressure off your shoulders, and the pack's tough Robic ripstop fabric withstands the relentless snagging of branches, rocks, and brambles without breaking a sweat. A dream to carry, but also holding everything you might need for a long weekend in the wilderness, this pack has pockets on the hip belt, sides, front, and lid keep everything from bottles to shells and layers accessible, and lash points and compression straps make it easy to add more gear to the outside of your pack. Stowable ice axe loops and trekking pole Tip Grippers keep your tools close when you need your hands free, and the included rain cover protects your essentials when the skies open up, because nothing's worse than getting to camp and having to crawl into a soaking wet sleeping bag.
- Multi-day backpacking pack for lightweight hut-to-hut use
- Robust ripstop fabric holds up through serious wear and tear
- AirContour+ carry system is supportive and adjustable
- Extendable lid increases size by five liters for more storage
- Molded backpanel and hipbelt help shoulder the load
- HeadLocker axe attachment system frees up your hands
- TipGripper trekking pole system provides exterior storage
- Compression straps tighten down the load for extra stability