The future is now.
Whether he's riding a remote peak in an untapped range or raising the bar for what tricks can be done in the backcountry, Travis Rice is always expanding the boundaries of what's possible on a snowboard. Lib Tech takes a similar approach when it comes to designing and building snowboards, and no board in Lib Tech's line illustrates that better than the T.Rice Climax Snowboard. Using experimental technologies and proven features, this board is quite simply the lightest, strongest, and most advanced board Lib Tech has ever created.
Travis wanted to take advantage of the unsurpassed strength-to-weight ratio of carbon fiber, but the problem is that this brittle material creates an overly chattery riding experience. Lib Tech founder/mad scientist Mike Olson was intrigued by the challenge of creating a carbon fiber board that wasn't just light and strong, but also rides like a dream. His solution was to mix ribs of recycled PET (made from used plastic bottles) foam in the core butted up against the carbon to achieve a supreme balance of strength and weight while maintaining the dampness needed for high-speed charging and sending jumps.
If that wasn't enough, Lib Tech also decided to add its lightest core and a magnesium fiber layup for incredibly lightweight, yet strong performance. Spin-Slim tips reduce swing weight to help Travis huck ever-bigger spins into powder. In addition to these space-age materials, this board also sports Lib Tech's proven C2x profile with lengthened camber zones for an aggressive, powerful feel that still maintains float in the deep stuff. All of these features add up to make this one of the most environmentally-friendly boards on the market.
- Ultralight and powerful board with space-age materials
- C2x profile has lengthened camber zones for aggressive feel
- Experimental carbon construction is light, strong, and poppy
- Magnesium fiber is lighter and eco-friendlier than fiberglass
- Magne-Traction edges slice through ice
- Bio Beans topsheet eliminates need for toxic plastics
- Birch internal sidewalls beef up durability and edge hold
- Lib Tech has been revolutionizing board design for decades
- Q & A
Fast and Light
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
I matched this board with stiff bindings and the Ride Insano stiff boots, very happy with the ride. Fast straight and edge-to-edge, lightweight, rides switch great, rides flat great, and this board really likes to carve hard.