Lib Technologies Kook Stick Ski
- 136 / 97 / 124mm
- Turn Radius:
- All-Mountain RAD (Rocker Activated Drive)
- triax fiberglass, biax fiberglass
- Magne-Traction, Magne-Traction jib advantage
- UHMW base
- Recommended Use:
- all-mountain skiing
- Manufacturer Warranty:
- 1 year
Why We Like The Kook Stick Ski
We’re always fans of progress, and Lib Tech has never been a slouch when it comes to pushing new ideas. The brand reimagined the way we look at snowboards with its banana contoured boards, and now that tech is packed into skis with the Kook Stick. This ski from the brand’s experiMENTAL line packs in Rocker Activated Drive (RAD) technology with rocker under foot and camber/hybrid edge zones, which is a fancy way of saying improved edge hold all over the mountain. Easier carving, better edge control, and playful all over.
- An all-mountain ski that knows how to handle steep and deep
- RAD tech balances points of rocker and camber for better edge hold
- Versatile 97mm waist stays playful wherever you point it
- Tri/Ax and Bi/Ax fiberglass weave adds torsional stiffness
- Sustainably harvested wood core is lively and light weight
- Serrated Magne-Traction edges hold firm even if de-tuned
- Eco-friendly Bio Beans top sheet sheds snow, damps vibrations
- Sintered UHMW base is intensely durable and fast
Recommended Sizing Guide
Your ski size is largely determined by both your skiing ability and your preferred style of skiing. For example, an expert skier in Vermont will ski a far different ski than an expert in British Columbia. So take a look at our chart and explanations and find your perfect fit. Your weight also plays a large factor in finding the right ski. If you are either under or over average weight for your height consider downsizing or upsizing, respectively.
|Big-Mountain Freeride||Backcountry Jib||All-Mountain||Park & Pipe||All-Mountain Carve|
|Pro||180 - 200cm||180 - 190cm||180 - 190cm||175 - 185cm||175 - 185cm|
|Expert||170 - 180cm||175 - 185cm||170 - 180cm||160 - 180cm||170 - 185cm|
|Intermediate||160 - 180cm||160 - 180cm||160 - 180cm||160 - 180cm||160 - 175cm|
|Entry Level||N/A||N/A||150 - 170cm||150 - 170cm||150 - 170cm|
SKILL LEVEL EXPLANATIONS
Pro: Excels on any terrain, on any snow condition. Enjoys high speeds.
Expert: Comfortable on any terrain and most snow conditions.
Intermediate: Comfortable on Blue trails, exploring Black trails.
Entry Level: Learning to ski Green and Blue trails.
SKIING STYLE EXPLANATIONS
Big-Mountain Freeride: High speeds, deep powder, steep lines, straightlining, chutes, cliffs.
Backcountry Jib: Backcountry kickers, hucking, twintips, deep powder.
All-Mountain: From bumps to back bowls, groomers to glades; everything and anywhere on the mountain.
Park & Pipe: De-tuned edges and buttery twin tips, occasionally pole-impaired.
All-Mountain Carve: Stiff. High-speed corduroy cutter. For those blind to SLOW signs.