- Detail Images
Protect your brain.
Designed to suit the needs of downhill riders and mountain bikers alike, the Leatt 5.0 Composite Helmet brings high levels of both safety and comfort along for the ride. The 5.0 helmet is lined with ten turbines made of 3D-molded Armourgel—an energy-absorbing material that hardens upon impact—to give your brain protection that actually works better the faster or harder you fall. This innovative technology reduces the head impact at concussion level by up to 30% and the rotation acceleration to the head and brain by up to 40%, thus ensuring a well-protected melon and some peace of mind when you're rallying berms or sending jumps at high speeds. Then, the 3D in-molded V-foam and a 10% smaller shell size further your safety by transferring up to 20% less rotational forces to your neck, head, and brain.
Bringing you comfort to match its degree of safety, this full-face helmet is extremely lightweight and highly ventilated for continuous cooling air flow that circulates even at low speeds. Comfort is further bolstered by a moisture-wicking, breathable, anti-odor and washable liner to prevent overheating and offensive stenches. Meanwhile, its built-in visor breaks away easily for rotational reduction when you crash, while the low-friction cheek pads make for an easy removal in an emergency situation. Leatt also designed this helmet's features and shape to pair seamlessly with their Leatt neck brace (sold separately). Plus, its Fidlock magnetic buckle provides you with custom fitting with a quick and convenient twist of a dial.
- Groundbreaking full-face design brings unrivaled protection
- Innovative turbine tech absorbs more impact at higher speeds
- 3D in-molded V-foam significantly reduces G-forces
- Composite matrix reduces outer volume shell
- Visor has breakaway function for rotational function in crash
- Liner wicks moisture, fights odor, and is highly breathable
- Maximized ventilation keeps you cool even at low speeds
- Fidlock magnetic buckle closure offers a customized fit
- Q & A
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
- Fit: True to size
- Size Bought: Large
Leatt advertises how the overall volume of the helmet is smaller - and it is really noticeable. My previous helmet was a Fox Rampage Carbon w MIPS and I cant believe how much lighter this is. Also really like their approach with the "turbines" to handle rotational forces.
No sizing chart?