Nice looks, but not the best value.
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
ive had the genesis for well over a year now and am underwhelmed. I bought it for its unusual looks but it is lacking in some function. It is a nice enough helmet but i believe there are better options, especially at the price.
1. sunglasses don't fit in the vents - i thought i could live with this but it is getting old fast.
2. The helmet fits OK, but the weird placed retention system makes it hard to wear over a cycling cap. it bunches up in the back and slides around your head.
3. it is not particularly light. I don't usually complain about this stuff, but the weird fit makes the weight noticeable.
4. The rolly adjustment barrel is difficult to use with gloves.
5. I have better ventilation on the bell and giro helmets i have used.
If i had to do it again, i would take a pass on the genesis or look at another model in the Lazer family. I dont think any helmet is perfect but i usually forget about them once i am riding. I find myself fidgeting with the genesis alot mid ride and have found myself going back to an old bell when the days get hot. Of course your mileage may vary but if youre a practical sort, look elsewhere.