XT Free 130 Ski Boot
The Lange XT Free 130 Ski Boot is designed to let you expand your playground beyond the resort and into the backcountry. Lange's patented Power V-Lock walk mode provides an impressive 43 degrees of cuff rotation for efficient uphill strides, but its metal-on-metal locking system ensures you don't lose any power and performance on the downhill. A super-stiff 130 flex is gives you the control you need to drive your skis fast and hard, and a wide 100 millimeter last keeps you comfortable, whether you're going back for another backcountry lap or skiing steep groomers until the chairs stop spinning.
In order to increase performance and decrease weight, Lange used Grilamid in key areas of the boot's shell. This lightweight plastic also offers increased rebound and flex control, and keeps the shell easy to get in and out of. The Composite Ultra Custom liner is touring-specific, with high-density material in the areas where you need it, and low-density foam throughout the rest of the liner in order to keep the weight to a minimum. It can also be heat-molded for a precise, comfortable fit, and features a lacing system to keep everything snug. And, for added grip and comfortable walking, the Max Grip Alpine sole is compatible with Gripwalk soles.
- Go from groomer days to backcountry laps with this hard-charging boot
- Stiff 130 flex for aggressive skiers that like to rip
- 100mm last accommodates a variety of foot shapes
- Heat-moldable liner offers precise, comfortable fit
- Reliable walk mode offers 43⁰ range of motion for efficient stride
- Compatible with Gripwalk soles for more comfortable hiking
- Q & A
In love with these boots
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
So glad I tried these out. Previous boots had too much room on the heel, and not enough width near my toes. These felt amazing after heat molding the liners and putting my old foot beds into them. Would 100% recommend if they fit your foot. Skis like an alpine boot, but still has a great range of motion for touring.
High Performing Hybrid Boot
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
Happy feet make for happy days skiing and if your boots don't fit well, you certainly aren't going to be enjoying skiing. I have had issues finding my unicorn of a boot that fits my feet and does what I need it to do. This is it so far. I have wide-ish feet, with a relatively flat arch. I wanted a high performing boot that I could ski inbounds with and hop into a tech binding for backcountry skiing. This wasn't even on the radar until I slipped it on and it seems that Lange knocked it out of the park. I have the 17/18 version of these but they haven't changed much since then,
- Some other boots with a wider last seem too roomy above the toes, these hug the feet nicely and fit snugly. Haven't had much for hotspots or feet feeling overworked in the 16/17 season that they've been used so far.
- Flex of boots is relative, but these 130's seem to hold up to aggressive skiing. There might be stiffer 130 flexes out there for hybrid boots (cough cough Technica Cochises), but I would definitely call them stiff and high performing.
- Lugs for tech soles. I'm rocking Kingpins with these and they work great. Would have been nice to have rockered soles with a bit better grip than just WTR but I'll take what I can get.
- The walk mode isn't anything particularly standout, but does what it needs to do, touring is totally comfortable in these. Have mostly spent half days in them so far for touring and no uncomfortable feet.
- The buckles are fantastic. They have a bit of a raised part to get your hand under to unbuckle, easy to use. Also have the extendable bit on the top two buckles to make it easier to clamp down. Little features that goes a long way.
- By the love of all that is holy, who designed how the liner/shell work when trying to take your feet out of the boot? The liner folds over on itself behind the heel and the bottom half pieces of the boot dig into your arch of your foot. I've finally found some ways to take off the boot with minimal foot torture, but I can't believe that made it off the production line like that. The tongue on the liner then gets stuck inbetween the two pieces and is a hassle and a half to get back. That alone knocked off the star to make it 4/5.
- The switch to walk mode could be a better buckle/strap as it can be hard to grab with mittens or thick gloves, but not the end of the world.
- Feet do get a bit chilly. Not sure if its the material of the plastic that doesn't insulate well or we really just have had cold weather, but something to note. I'll report back on some longer term use.
Overall, if you have a Lange foot that you've been looking for a good hybrid boot that'll handle inbound ripping with a healthy portion of touring in tech bindings, you now have an option from Lange. Don't hesitate reaching out to me at my direct line 801.204.4547 or email@example.com if you have any questions on sizing of these, what bindings to pair these with, or other questions and I'd be happy to help!
|24.5 / 25||6.5||38.5|
|27 / 27.5||9.5||42.5|
|29.5 / 30||12.5||46.5|