- Detail Images
A contradiction of sorts.
La Sportiva's Vapor Float Ski is an ultralight fatty perfected for backcountry skiing during those heavenly powder days. Carbon Nanotube Technology ensures a phenomenal performance-to-weight ratio that rides like a heavy freeride ski and only weighs three pounds per ski. La Sportiva ditched the standard wood core and made the Vapor Float's center out of KEVLAR to continue weight reduction without interfering with how the ski performs. Add carbon-fiber reinforcements and La Sportiva's Carbon Torsion Box, and the Vapor Float will ski downhill as well as it skins uphill.
As far as the Vapor Float's profile is concerned, La Sportiva shaped it with an extremely high rockered tip. This tip navigates the deepest snow you're bound to come across this season; it also assists with setting the skintrack when it's your turn to take the lead on a pow day. The Vapor Float's shape also has subtle camber underfoot and more subtle rocker in the tail to help you ride successfully when you come across variable sections. It should go without saying that the Vapor Float's 117mm waist is the widest selection in La Sportiva's collection of high-performing mountaineering monsters.
- Ultralight backcountry ski designed specifically for powder days
- 117mm waist floats through deep pow with ease
- Heavily rockered tip eases turn initiation in soft snow
- Subtle camber underfoot and rocker tail handles variable snow
- Prepeg Carbon Nanotube and KEVLAR core keep the ski superlight
- Carbon fiber reinforcements enhance torsional rigidity
- Carbon Torsion Box is La Sportiva's lightest ski construction