Olympus Mons Evo Mountaineering Boot
The Men's Olympus Mons Evo Mountaineering Boot is La Sportiva's solution for ascending 8,000 meter peaks like Everest. This superlight double boot features an insulated inner boot that you can walk around base camp in, a thermo-reflective lined outer boot for extra warmth, and a durable Cordura gaiter with anti-perforated Kevlar reinforcements. La Sportiva also added a thermo-reflective lining on the inner boot's footbed to reflect heat back to your foot.
The Olympus Mons Evo also features a carbon fiber insole for support, and micro-cellular closed-cell foam helps fend off the icy cold. Microporous EVA makes the midsole cushy to keep your foot comfy, and TPU inserts ensure longevity. La Sportiva used Vibram's reliable rubber to give the sole plenty of traction, and the rubber rand protects the boot from wear-and-tear so you can tackle 8,000-meter peaks weekly if you like.
- Mountaineering boot built for 8000 meter alpinism
- Super gaiter made out of Cordura and Kevlar for durability
- Cordura outer boot with insulated foam and aluminum coating
- Removable inner boot built with thermal insulated lining
- Carbon, insulated footbed creates a stiff, stable platform
- Microporous midsole with inserts for step-in crampon compatibility
- Vibram PE rubber sole offers traction on rock, snow, and ice
- Q & A
Hello, im considering these boots for a climb in tibet on an 8000m peak. this will be my first mountain of anything near that size. I'm a size 10 us, but am thinking i should get at least a size 11 for both altitude and thick socks. I will be climbing Aconcagua before this trip, so would these also work for that? Any feedback is appreciated.
Most everyone that I know that uses the Oly Mons will find that the Oly mons will be sized 1/2 to 1 size up for 8K and the rubber sole is very butter soft foam and not hard rubber and always needs to be worn with a crampon so not for use on any rock. If you use it on Aconcagua the sole will be gone before you return. Use the Spantik.
Hi: i m looking forward to by one for me and one for my wife. My question is if it is the same size that other boot of the same branch?
i have one la sportiva nepal 10 uk or 11 usm or 12 usw, for buy this boot i have to ask for the same size or i have to ask for one size bigger??
They should fit very similar. You might want to think about sizing up to accommodate any swelling you might get from the altitude.
I agree with Bill, plus possibly you will use thicker socks or double socks, so must factor that in.
Remember these boots are designed for only one puropse, top end high altitude climbing 8,000 peaks so unless you are going to do a 8,000 peak they will be an over kill even on Denali you only need Spantick or similar.
|US MEN||EU||US WOMEN||MONDO|
- Note: La Sportiva shoes are built on European half sizes which are smaller increments than US half sizes. This gives us four extra sizes per size run which gives you a better fit!