Change things up.
When you're out in the wilderness, weather can change in the blink of an eye. Stay prepared with the KUHL Men's Renegade Convertible Pant. Fashioned with a stretchy, Tufflex fabric and DWR-coating, this pant offers protection when you encounter a passing rainstorm, and assures added defense against grabby branches and abrasive rock surfaces. Zippers located just above the knees let you break free from pant form and adjust to the sweltering heat by transforming into hiking shorts, while the gusseted crotch enables a natural range of motion to help you lunge over fallen trees and boulders. Plus, a bevy of pockets ensure that you'll never have to pick and choose between your trail essentials.
- Convertible pant that adapts with the ever-changing weather in the outdoors
- Stretchy, Tufflex fabric is both water-resistant and durable
- Zips at knees allow for shorts transformation
- Articulated knees and gusseted crotch ensure a natural range of motion
- UPF 50 defends your skin from harsh UV rays
- Lots of pockets means lots of space for your valuables
- Q & A
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
- Fit: True to size
- Size Bought: 32x32
Bought these pants a couple weeks ago. I've worn them frequently both hiking and everyday. They've been worn in the Phoenix heat and up on the Grand Mesa in Colorado. I've never had a pair of pants that were this comfortable. Kuhl uses a nylon blend that is slightly stretchy. Even if you've worked up a sweat, the material won't stick to you and will continue to stretch the way you move.
The pants are fairly lightweight. Pockets are mesh lined. The cargo pockets have a cell phone pocket built into the right leg cargo and a zipper security pocket in the left. The pants look pretty good when zipped off. The crotch is gussetted and the inseam is triple stitched. The thread used appears to be robust and durable.
These pants have my highest recommendation. Best pants I've ever worn.