KEEN Targhee Mid WP Shoe - Boys'
Targhee Mid WP Shoe
Hit the trail with peace of mind knowing you are ready for anything that comes your way in the Keen Targhee Mid WP Shoe. This mid-height hiking shoe boasts a waterproof and breathable KEEN.DRY membrane to prevent saturated socks, a durable leather outer, and a quick lacing system to provide a great fit every time.
- Mid height hiking boot for young explorers who demand performance
- Leather upper handles all the wear and tear a trail can create
- KEEN.DRY membrane keeps moisture out while preventing overheating
- TPU heel-capture system adds stability for off camber trails
- Padded collar and tongue boosts comfort during longer days
- Secure-fit system makes for easy and consistent lacing
Not intended for use day to day
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
- Fit: True to size
We bought this shoe in August for our ten year old. It is a beautiful shoe. It is comfortable and well built. Regrettably our ten year old has worn completely through the sole in two months of use. We reached out to Keen because we are huge fans of the brand. They said we had misused the shoe by wearing it daily on non-trails. The shoes is made of soft rubber and is not intended for this type of use. They offered us a 20% off coupon but after paying $60 for a shoe that lasted two months we will regrettably be looking for other brand options.
The shoe description should be updated to indicate that it should not be purchased if you plan to use it in an urban environment.
I have include this quote from Keen.
â The Targhee line is designed to be a light hiker shoe, and is made with an out sole intended to be flexible to accommodate that use. The out sole of the Targhee is not designed for everyday wear not out on the trail. The shoe will wear significantly faster if it is being used as an everyday shoe, due to the impact walking on hard flat surfaces such as concrete, asphalt. â
|5||4||20 / 21||12.5||12.1|
|9||8||25 / 26||16||15.6|
|10||9||27 / 28||17||16.5|
|1||13||32 / 33||20||19.7|