Being the widest option in the TX series, the TX98 Ski is the soft snow specialist in Kastle's lineup of touring-specific skis. With a versatile 98mm waist, this ski is by no means a dedicated powder ski, but its midfat waist will handle the occasional powder you do encounter in the backountry while remaining nimble and edgy for the majority of the days when the mountains aren't blanketed in hero snow.
Unwilling to sacrifice downhill performance, Kastle built the TX98 with a sturdy and durable sandwich construction, but it was still able to keep the total weight of the ski down to just 5lb 12oz per pair in the 178cm length. The secret you ask? Well, ruling out any deals with the devil, it's reasonable to assume that the carbon fiber laminates, caruba wood core, and slimmed-down dimensions are responsible for keeping the weight to a minimum while maintaining the downhill performance hard-charging skiers have come to expect from a pair of Kastle skis. Dual Rise Rocker eases turn initiation to give the ski a forgiving feel in tough conditions, while camber underfoot ensures stability while carving smooth turns down wide-open bowls or making slow and controlled turns above no-fall zones. And when you are confronted with boilerplate and neve, the Hollowtech shovel helps reduce chatter and minimize vibration, so you don't lose any fillings on your way down the mountain.
- Dedicated backcountry skis that sacrifice nothing on the descent
- Midfat 98mm waist is capable of handling variable conditions
- Dual Rise Rocker with traditional camber underfoot
- Durable and stable sandwich construction with ABS sidewalls
- Carbon fiber laminates reduce weight and add rigidity
- Hollowtech shovel reduces chatter and minimizes vibration
- Kastle employs some of the most advanced ski manufacturing techniques to produce its high-performance skis