A frontside specialist.
The ideal daily driver for the dedicated frontside skier and east coast ripper, the Kastle MX84 Ski will make short work of everything from east coast ice to soft western groomers to firm off-piste runs on either coast. The narrow 84mm waist tracks effortlessly from edge to edge when you're linking quick turns, and the torsionally stiff feel of the MX84 lets you really open things up. The MX84 gets its torsionally stiff feel from two sheets of titanal layered over a rigid silver fir wood core and an inherently stiff sandwich construction. Rubber dampening edges and Kastle's Hollowtech technology dramatically reduces vibration and chatter, giving the ski a damp and stable feel on hardpack, crud, and chopped-up groomers.
- Frontside skis that charge groomers and dominate hardpack
- Nimble 84mm waist width moves from edge to edge quick
- Traditional camber grips hardpack and rallies down groomers
- Sandwich construction increases durability and stability
- Titanal layers increase torsional rigidity
- Hollowtech technology reduces vibration and chatter
- Q & A
Great ski, but...
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
Demoed a pair of the Kastle MX84 at Deer Valley this past February. I was so stoked to be on Kastle skis. Though they were a sweet ride, I was a bit underwhelmed. I had been expecting something really different given their reputation, heritage, and price. Maybe it was because I still considered myself a newbie without the technical expertise of all the high-end models, but they just didn't live up to what I expected. Perhaps giving them another try this season or a different Kastle model will do the trick.