- Detail Images
The double-edged sword.
From untracked fields at Silverton to long, soft groomers at Jackson Hole, Jones Snowboards' Lone Wolf Snowboard is at once a face-shot-reaping pow slayer, as well as a board for railing big aggressive turns, and you'd be forgiven for asserting that this Lone Wolf has multiple personalities. The fish-inspired swallowtail combined with the rockered Spoon 3.0 nose makes it super floaty in deep conditions. Meanwhile, the longer sidecut, narrow waist, and super-stable camber underfoot also makes the deck awesome for railing massive turns at high speeds on-piste.
On the inside, the Wolf features a bamboo surf wood core and bamboo stringers that provide a solid edge response and greater turning power. Traction Tech utilizes a micro-serrated edge design to yield more edge grip on icy groomers and no-fall zones, so you can worry less about blowing out and more about committing to your turns at high speeds. And on an eco-friendly note, the topsheet is made from a Castor-bean-sourced bio-plastic that's ultra-lightweight, chip and scratch resistant, and moisture repellant, so so can do less harm to the environment while also doing less harm to your deck.
- A fish-inspired snowboard for deep snow, carving, and freeriding
- Camber underfoot provides stability at speed and a springy feel
- Rocker and spoon-beveled 3.0 nose for float and less snaggability
- Fish-inspired tail helps cut through deep powder snow
- Long sidecut design great for laying down huge turns and carves
- Triple density bamboo surf core provides edge response and power
- Light and durable bio-plastic topsheet is made from Castor beans
- Sintered 9900 base is ultra-fast and easy to repair
- Q & A
2018 Jones Lone Wolf
The Lone Wolf is our new big gun swallowtail designed by surf shaper Chris Christenson and Jeremy Jones. Blending features of a pow board with the heart of a Super-G race board, the Lone Wolf has a long sidecut and is built to arc big turns in big terrain. SPOON 3.0 base
Big Mnt Gun
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
A little tribute to the past...Great job Jones!
This board has no speed limit but still turns with ease.
Thought I would be signing my own death wish taking this on the groomer and was surprised. The 3d contour in the nose allows for great edge to edge transfer. The profile reminds me of a big Hovercraft that sprays pow to the moon. Tail actually has a relatively easy release with the swallow.