Don't blame the terrain.
You would just run around the track if you didn't want to deal with variable trail surfaces and undulating topography. The Inov 8 Men's Roclite 305 Trail Running Shoe caters to runners who appreciate adventure runs where unexpected climbs, washed-out creek beds, and brushy sections of trail are just par for the course. When you encounter rocky sections of trail and steep descents on loose dirt, the Roclite's durable Tri-C rubber sole with claw-shaped cleats ensure dependable traction, so you don't feel compelled to slow your pace. A moderately cushioned midsole disperses the impact of each step and increases energy return to keep some spring in your step during long training runs and intense endurance races.
- A protective trail runner excels on unpredictable terrain
- Burly and breathable upper supported by overlays
- Cushioned midsole absorbs shock and enhances energy return
- Shank protects foot from rocks and downed logs
- Claw-like tread pattern provides traction on a variety of surfaces
- Q & A
These are my favorite trail running shoes to date. They have a wide toe box and the shank makes running on rocky terrain much more manageable. The lugs on the sole are serious stuff and they do very well in considerably muddy conditions. I don’t wear these if I’m running on easier hard pack trails to save the soles from wearing out.