Immersion Research Royale Rand Spray Skirt
Select style & size:Select options
- Black, L Cockpit M Waistsale $176.25
- Black, L Cockpit XL Waistsale $176.25
- Black, L Cockpit/S Waistsale $154.99
- Gray/Black, L Cockpit/XL Waistsale $164.46
Royale Rand Spray Skirt
Designed and tested by the world's best whitewater kayakers, the Immersion Research Royale Rand Spray Skirt prevents implosion during big drops and high-volume flows. As the ultimate spray skirt for big-water, this whitewater skirt combines the dryness of a Klingon skirt with the unrelenting grip of a rand.
Enhancing safety during big drops with immediate consequences downstream, the skirt's tri-fin rubber rand and sticky silicone lining prevent implosion, keeping your deck nice and secure. The designers at Immersion Research extended the deck neoprene by two inches past the rand to offer superior dryness on a wide variety of rim shapes. Additionally, you'll appreciate the skirt's Kevlar-reinforced front casing for enhanced durability, high-visibility grab loop, and glued, taped, blind-stitched seams.
- Front casing laminated with Kevlar
- Supratex 3.5mm neoprene rear casing
- Rubber rand with tri-fin design
- Sticky silicone inside skirt
- High-visibility grab loop
- All seams glued, taped, and blind stitched
Time to Kiss Skirt Implosions Goodbye
No more worrying about implosions. After suffering several imploded sprayskirts while kayak surfing and rock-gardening I finally decided to get this skirt. It is really frustrating and potentially dangerous to have a skirt implode in the surf zone, not to mention just a real bummer to have to swim for no reason. I no longer have to worry about that with this skirt. It is just straight-up the most bomber skirt you can possibly get. I am much more confident and no longer fear taking a breaking wave directly onto my cockpit with this skirt. Great product IR, well done!
One note, the tunnel is snug for the listed size. I'm pretty skinny, with a 29" waist, and the small is definitely on the snugger side, despite the listed 28-30". Something to keep in mind if you have lots of puffy insulation under a dry-suit, i'd actually use a tape-measure with your dry-suit on to get your size.
Best skirt a man can buy...
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
This skirt is hands down far and above any other skirt i have ever had and have been paddling for over 20 years!! The new rand design really fits well and keeps you dry. There is some rubber sticky on the bottom side that helps to keep your skirt from imploding that i have found to be super nice. Very well made and very dry skirt
Ha Heeey Girl Miss yooouuu
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
Great spray skirt. Bomber material. interesting seal on the rand that really seals tightly to the rim of the kayak w/o much effort. great design.
|Pants Waist Size||
25 - 27in
(64 - 69cm)
27 - 30in
(69 - 76cm)
30 - 33in
(76 - 84cm)
33 - 36in
(84 - 91cm)
36 - 39in
(91 - 99cm)
39 - 42in
(99 - 107cm)
80 - 84in
(203 - 213cm)
84 - 90in
(213 - 229cm)
91 - 95in
(231 - 241cm)
95 - 100in
(241 - 254cm)
- The most accurate measurement for skirt fit is the circumference of your rim taken around the outside edge of your cockpit rim. Most common rim circumferences can be found at SkirtFit.com. If your boat is not listed, you can take this measurement around the outside edge of your cockpit rim. This can be done with a flexible tape measure of by using a string and then measuring the string laid out straight.