- Detail Images
Insulation with an angular edge.
The Holden Men's Pyramid Down Vest does away with the marshmallow-like puffiness of traditional down vests in favor of sharp, angular lines for a streamlined aesthetic. Its primary job is delivering layered warmth on the mountain, courtesy of 600-fill down insulation. Down is an excellent insulator, trapping precious body heat from escaping within its lofty clusters. To ensure a clearer conscious for the wearer, Holden uses Allied Feather and Down insulation that's responsibly sourced throughout the supply chain.
Seeing you'll be layering it underneath a waterproof jacket, the Pyramid Vest employs a lightweight nylon ripstop fabric that withstands the rubbing and wear you'll subject it to while riding on the mountain. Further optimized for layering, the non-existent collar eliminates pesky irritation along your neckline. And seeing that Holden is committed to sustainability, the eco-friendly DWR finish performs admirably in repelling outside moisture, but without producing as much harmful byproducts as traditional DWR applications.
- Streamlined insulated vest with sharp, angular lines
- 600-fill down insulation for layering warmth while riding
- Allied Down and Feather insulation is responsibly sourced
- Eco-friendly DWR repels moisture, reduces harmful byproducts
- Lightweight nylon ripstop shell withstands abrasion
- Non-existent collar prevents irritation while layering
- Zippered chest pocket for secure storage on the mountain
- Q & A
The King Tut of Vests
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
- Fit: True to size
- Size Bought: Large
Holden happens to make great product in general, but I was extra impressed when I received this vest. The triangular baffling looks great, and the exposed metal zippers bring the whole thing together. The fact that the vest does not have a collar makes for really easy layering both under and over other apparel. So far I have mostly worn it over a hoodie or over a long sleeve shirt, but I am excited to wear it as an insulating layer under my jacket this ski season. The 600 fill down is just the right amount to add extra warmth without much extra bulk.